Cool Laptop Accessories
Laptops are one of the essentials for the modern guy. If you are not carrying one, you should at least have one in the boot of your car.
It is however a fact, that most people do carry laptops wherever they go so here are the top 5 really cool accessories, must haves if you will, that will make your mobile computing much cooler.
1. Laptop bags – among all the accessories, this is the one that will define how cool you are. Laptop bags are an extremely personal choice and there are so many to choose from. Don’t forget though that the primary purpose of the bag is to protect your precious laptop because a cool laptop bag means squat when your laptop gets smashed due to insufficient protection.
Here are some cool laptop bags:
Espresso eBags Savvy Laptop Tote
2. Laptop Cooling Pads – We know how much our laptops hate heat and a cooked laptop is never cool.
This is a must have if you use your laptop for long periods of time, say 30 minutes or more. Because of the demand for cooling pads, there are many variations in design.
Again it is a personal choice but keep in mind that form should follow function.
It is, first and foremost, a cooling pad.
Here are a couple of excellent cooling pads:
Thermaltake R14PF04 T500 Notebook Cooler
3. GPS Receiver And Navigation System – Why strain your eyes trying to ready maps on your handheld GPS device when you can view maps and GPS data in wide screen via your laptop?
Garmin is one of the better known brands in this niche and they have this cool usb GPS receiver which can hook up with your laptop and your mapping program.
4. Digital TV Tuner – Digital TV on your laptop is really cool. You can watch anytime, anywhere with the new tuners that handle HDTV with aplomb.
Here is one for your USB port:
And here is another one for those with Express Card slots:
5. External Hard Drive – Yes I know most laptops have big drives but losing important data because you didn’t back up is not cool.
The Hitachi Simple Tough Drive is one cool looking customer in carbon fiber. It doesn’t hurt its image any to have 500 GB of capacity as well
Actually there are a lot more accessories that your laptop can use. Secure flash discs, high output speakers, bluetooth headsets and keyboards… The list goes on. But the top 5 listed here should be on your “buy soon” list because they are not only cool, they are essentials for protecting your laptop and enhancing your productivity.